Smoke Alarm Installation
Smoke alarms are an important part of your family’s fire escape plan!
Do you have working smoke alarms? Granite Falls Fire is able to offer free smoke alarms to residents, while supplies last. Granite Falls Fire also offers smoke alarm battery changes for those who need assistance changing batteries.
To schedule an appointment to have your smoke alarms checked, alarms installed, or batteries changed please contact 360-691-5553 to schedule an appointment.
- Smoke Alarm Safety Tips:
- Smoke alarms should be installed in every sleeping area, outside the sleeping areas, and each level of your home.
- Smoke alarms should be tested once a month or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure everyone in your family knows the sound of the smoke alarm and knows to get outside and stay out.
- Create and practice a fire escape plan!
- Draw a floor plan of your home.
- Mark where all the rooms are in your home.
- Mark two ways out of every room, include doors and windows. Make sure these exits are never blocked!
- If there are young children, older adults, family members who need assistance or children who do not wake to the sound of the smoke alarm, make sure that an adult is assigned to assist them if there’s an emergency.
- Designate a family meeting place outside. A good meeting place is a permanent place in from of the home, like a tree or mailbox that a safe distance from the home. Remember, once you’re out, stay out!
- Practice, practice, practice!
For more information about smoke alarms, visit the Smoke Alarms page.